Tuesday 26 November 2013

Prom Perspectives - Part 1

As I'm sitting here contemplating whether I should even do a *personal* blog post about prom while talking to a friend, it really hit my how horrible my memory is/ have gotten. This post would be a visual diary and reminder to my future self of how lucky we were to be able to experience such things, moments and with such people. 









these people,

in my opinion the hottest of the night,
 absolutely knackered. satisfied, nonetheless.
 one of my fav people on Earth.



 lounging by the pool, absorbing the sunlight and every single emotion going through the mind

 "the gurlies"




.... 
and we went back to the hotel and made one of the most amazing decisions ever -
to flood the bathtub with warm water & DIY bubbles. All four of us then got in and spent the next hour or so talking bout absolute nonsense.
After the initial excitement of being able to see each other dressed to the nines for the event, we settled down at our designated seats and waited for the dinner to start. Whilst waiting, I took a look at the rings I've put on, my nails which were all done up - I couldn't help but feel a sense of detachment and emptiness from within. How much money have I my parents spent for an event that only lasted for a couple of hours? I looked around and saw people who were sitting by themselves and felt a surge of loneliness. So what if we've spent a good amount of effort and $$ for an event like that?

We were dancing absolutely madly that night and my hair came undone, pins were falling off. My dear friend, Teevee, stopped and helped me plucked out every single bobby pin there was and actually held onto them for me while we continued dancing. It was such a simple gesture, but thinking bout it now just made me feel so much appreciation and idk ugh, emotions, about the relationships we've built and how that was what that mattered most. Not the dresses, not the makeup, not the highest heels, none of those mattered anymore. Ugh words... I do hope someone out there understands my feels haha.

Here's my prom dress,


I promise you this is not all, I'm gonna go shoot a proper set of pictures and a lookbook for the dress & show you guys the before and after. This dress had been my very first *proper* project and I cannot be happier :-)

Been having troubles with saving the videos that I've worked on these few days and I know, it's annoying the hell out of me and I've sworn non stop. Will get it fixed asap & oooh I'm leaving for Bangkok in a couple of days! 

Till then, 
x