Friday 15 November 2013

A Look Into | Perspex

Perspex;
simliar to lucite, solid transparent plastic.

Weird fabrics (pvc!) / materials have been all the rave nowadays. Having filtered down from designer to high street brands, blogshops have now jumped in the perspex mania as well. Lucite heels, clear platforms, the highly popular boxy plastic clutches, cuffs and chokers - you name it all. It's easy to spot the common products such as the clear clutches (blogshops, ugh) and even lucite heels in high street stores.

 


 Zara Lucite Pumps
Jeffrey Campbell Icy - Doll Heads

With the trend becoming increasingly popular, and too common, here are a couple of items that I really thought were really unique and will stand out from the crowd/norm while allowing us to appreciate the Perspex Mania. 



Ivania Carpio can never do no wrong.
 
  Here's a smaller, less conspicuous version of the hair cuff. Not sure how I'd be able to fit my hair in THAT, but damn it looks so clean and crisp. 
If possible, opt for clutches with great metallic detailing such as these from Mnologie, the Bali Based designer has Perspex clutches that allows for customisable gold plates, personalized internal pouches (embellishments / neons). Not crazy about the Celine Me Alone / Ain't No Laurent w/o Yves items, but DAMN I need to get my hands on one of those customized clutches. Mnologie, hook me up with some!
 
 
Perspex/ Acrylic nails complete with minimalist gold details, my favourite.
 
Perspex beauty, hardware style. Been loving the idea of hardware being used as accessories.

MYOB's major. 

 Hello Karl. Chanel's take on the Perspex bag - a Perspex Briefcase. Complete with a mini Chanel bag, compartments to put your glasses, lipstick, ipod, compact powder and more. Major intense. 
Maison Martin Margiela's take on the Perspex Clutch,
an enlarged, somehow cleaner looking version, for those of us who can actually afford it. I think I'm in love.
-
 
What is YOUR favourite piece from the Perspex Mania? Comment down below!

Hit me up on IG @ohnananaz,
I'll be making more frequent updates now that O's are over!
xx