Sunday 7 June 2015

'Bout that V-Look & Blonde lyfe

So... I'm blonde now. Coughs, *platinum blonde, please.
A couple weeks back, myself and a couple of other bloggers got a lovely invitation to attend the L'Oreal Hair Show @ Singapore Fashion Week and to try out L'Oreal Professionnel's newest service - the V-Look Haircut & Color. 

The original plan was for me to go brown... well. 
Y'all know I ain't bout that life.

Read on to see how it all panned out!
-

Three Weeks Back

The Touch PR Team whisked me off to REDS Hairdressing where I met my lovely stylist, Norita (another blondie!) and she puffed up my hair for the L'Oreal Hair Show. 
F-Row, here's a candid taken by Cassandra, of the bronze-beauty slash Nutrigirl 2K15 - YiXin, and myself. 
A long but spectacular show, and this shot above was my absolute fav. 

ChaHong and Christophe Gaillet worked their magic on the models. Loved the set-up, the staging down to the excessive usage of hairspray effects. 

Christophe's were very experimental, but Cha Hong's looks were impressive to me - tousled, breezy, sexy. What's more incredible is that she's so young! So tiny and sweet, you'd never have imagined she has accomplished so much. 

One of the most memorable things of her I remembered reading was her simple goal of helping and empowering people. Sounds familiar? (coughs AUXILIAR) She creates easy self-styling looks for others to recreate, so they could look and feel good in a snap. Cha Hong also wishes to provide constant opportunities to nurture her staffers. Or, as she puts it - to "invest in people she works with."

We need more people like that in the creative industry. 
You go, girl!

V-Look Makeover

Here's Norita, my main stylist.
And Peggy!
Norita understood that I wanted to go blonde, and we rushed out to get the Directions Hair Dye in Silver. Seen here beside a set of snacks & tea they kept refilling for me. It was a good 5-6 hours, now this is service to a T. 
Here's when we started the bleaching process. 
 After the first bleach - my hair was downright yellow. We HAD to go another round. 
 Here's after Round 2!
 "Silver" on, and when I looked like Sonic the Hedgehog.
 Blow-drying my hair the second time round, before the final color reveal! 
As I've already had plenty of layers in my hair, Norita gave me a short trim to create the V-Look effect.

Here comes more visuals we took the next day! 
The V-Look Cut is created by having layers frame the side of your face, making it appear slimmer and sharper. 
Been reminded again recently that I have a rather large face, plus - I've been itching to go platinum for the longest time.
My hair's fried now, and I'm trying to adjust from not having to care about my tresses at all, to soaking it with purple shampoo, conditioner, then applying serum before blow-drying it all up.

I'll go whiter soon, if the condition of my hair permits.
A lot of work, but I'm really loving this blonde lyfe.

This opportunity came at such an apt moment and I'm so, so thankful for the people at L'Oreal Professionnel, Touch PR and my lovelies at REDS Hairdressing!

Till the next time x 

Photography by Leroy
Edits by little me