Sunday 16 February 2014

OH Snap! / #01

/ The devil's in the details -

Baroque-d red prints contrasted her starkingly white pleated skirt. (I'm cray 'bout the embossed prints!)  Loved how the subtle gold accents transformed this outfit to something a whole lot fancier. Vanessa also pulled off her extremely New Year-appropriate ensemble with an embellished neckpiece and full red lippies that complements her fair skin. Red lippies never fail, do they?
-

Pleated midi-skirts are all the rage recently, (I wore one for CNY as well!). I loved how 'strong' the pleats were, it was like a neoprene-esque material that allowed for the structure on this versatile article. When in doubt, go with black - that's our philosophy, yes. To make this outfit more appropriate for the occasion, Feli went for mod florals and strapped on some heels she wore for prom. Check out those nails & the minimalistic (failed)crane tatt she's got on - yeah those are what make things a tad more interesting & those are the 'details' I love looking out for.
-

This little lady's the most natural person I've ever shot. Isn't she adorable! Pearl embellishments with tones that matched her belt & little hairband, the fluffy tulle going on at the bottom of the dress - everything down to the choice of wedged platforms screamed adorable. Her name's Ashley, and was such a joy to shoot with! Believe it or not, her momma picked this out from Taobao. Twirling and giving little curtseys without much direction - god I wish I was as natural/fearless in front of the camera as she is.
-

So these were all enhanced images that I've shot with my beautiful cousins on εˆδΈ€。These are my favourite shots, but I'll be posting Day Two's very soon - stay tuned! Also, let me know what you think - I'm trying to get better with my amateur-ish photography skills & constructive criticisms are more than welcomed!
ps/ I'll be posting my first blogpost on styleXstyle.com very soon - tapping more into what I'm doing/have done during the internship so stay tuned for that if you'd like x

Till the next time,
xx